Thursday, January 3, 2008

Popeye Pancackes (aka German Pancakes)

This is one of Ye Olde Family Recipes. I have used 100% whole wheat flour and actually prefer it, so any ratio blend should work as well.

Popeye Pancakes

1 c. milk
1 c. flour
6 eggs
1/4 t. salt
3-6 T. butter

In 9x13 pan , melt 3-6 T. butter in 350° oven. Combine all other ingredients with blender or egg beater until frothy. Pour batter into pan once butter is sizzling. Bake for 25-35 minutes until lightly browned. Serve like pancakes.

2 comments:

Summer said...

I love this recipe! We make it once a week at least but at our house it is called "Puffy-Oven Pancakes." We actually had it this morning and I put sliced pears in the batter before baking it and it was really good.

I was reading the tags you gave it though and was wondering if you made it with wheat flour?

kathbot said...

Yes, I often use 100% whole wheat flour and it turns out great. It's tasty, but it's dense instead of fluffy. I imagine you could use any ratio of white and wheat flour with great results. Thanks for visiting!